Areas of Expertise
- Cash Flow Projections
- Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Investigation
- Solvency Opinions
- Turnarounds / Restructuring
- Financial Institution
- BBA Brock University
- MBA Chapman University
- 3 Years with Firm
- 3 Years of Relevant Experience
Wen Tan joined GlassRatner (now doing business as B. Riley Advisory Services) as an Associate in 2018. Wen was previously an Intern with the firm where he provided analysis and support for deals in the Healthcare, Real Estate, Entertainment, Technology, Wealth Management, and Energy industries. Prior to joining, Wen worked as an accounting supervisor for a healthcare distribution company.
As part of the firm, Wen has worked on multiple engagements which include:
- Assisted with the successful CH 11 bankruptcy restructure for a post-production video company.
- Assisted with the successful CH 11 bankruptcy and sales process of an ammunition manufacturer.
- Assisted with CH 11 bankruptcy and sales process for a well know restaurant franchise chain in Southern California.
- Assisted with the successful CH 11 bankruptcy and sales process for a national brand candy retailer.
- Assisted with the receivership and sales process of a large car dealership group located in the Bay area.
- Assisted with the sales process for the Chevrolet and Nissan stores located in Oklahoma.
- Assisted with the sales process of a dealership group located in the Texas and Oklahoma region.
- Performed due diligent report for the sale of citrus and grape farm that was valued at $200 million.
- Assisted with the CH 11 bankruptcy for an oil and gas exploration and production company located in California.
- Prepared valuation report for a company that is in the vinyl flooring retail industry.
- Assisted with the successful CH 11 bankruptcy for an investment management firm that is located in Southern California.
Wen has a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Brock University. He also has a Master of Business Administration degree from Chapman University. During his time at Chapman University, he and his team won the ACG Cup M&A Case Competition for the first time in Chapman University history, defeating traditional powerhouse teams from USC and UCLA. He was also inducted to the Beta Gamma Sigma Academic Honor Society in 2018. He is also the chief researcher for an article that was nominated for Pulitzer in Explanatory Reporting.
Wen is fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese.