Areas of Expertise
- Bankruptcy Proceedings
- Damages & Lost Profit Analysis
- Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Investigation
- Litigation Support
- Ponzi Schemes
- Solvency Opinions
- Financial Institutions
- Gevearts, et.al vs. TD Bank, et.al. – Damages Analysis for Class Action, associated with viatical scheme, which was settled for $20 million.
- Bankruptcy Estate of Jeffrey Prosser – Financial advisor to Chapter 7 Trustee in connection with forensic accounting and litigation involving avoidable transfers and economic damages.
- Palm Beach Finance Partners –Financial Advisor to Chapter 11 Trustee of $650 Million Feeder Fund to Petters Ponzi Scheme with recoveries to exceed $70 million.
- Teligent, Inc. – Financial advisor to the Unsecured Claims Representative of a failed telecommunications company in connection with avoidable transfer litigation and claims reconciliation.
- MBA Nova Southeastern University
- BS Nova Southeastern University
- 7 Years with Firm
- 22 Years of Relevant Experience
Teresa Licamara is a CPA, with over 25 years of private and public accounting experience. Prior to joining GlassRatner (now doing business as B. Riley Advisory Services) in 2014, she was a Senior Manager at Marcum LLP in the Advisory Services division, focusing in the areas of forensic accounting, litigation support, and bankruptcy consulting. For over twenty years, Ms. Licamara's practice has focused on providing forensic and investigative services to debtors, creditors, Federal bankruptcy trustees, creditors' committees, court-appointed assignees, and financial institutions. Ms. Licamara also has experience in business valuation, damage analysis and lost profit analysis in connection with commercial litigation matters.
Ms. Licamara's areas of expertise include asset tracing, determination of solvency/insolvency, forensic analysis related to avoidable/fraudulent transfers and defenses thereof, assisting with claims adjudication, collateral review for secured creditors, liquidation analysis and bankruptcy related compliance reporting for federal courts. Ms. Licamara has rendered opinions in expert reports filed with the Federal Bankruptcy Court and the U.S. District Court. She also has been involved with forensic investigations in conjunction with receiverships of the Security and Exchange Commission.
Ms. Licamara has significant experience with Ponzi schemes. She provided forensic accounting and litigation consulting services to the Trustee of two investment funds that were feeder funds into one of the largest Ponzi cases in US history. The litigation consulting services provided by Ms. Licamara to the Trustee of these two investment funds included litigation against major banks and professionals for damages related to $1 billion of losses suffered by the investment funds in connection with the Ponzi scheme.
Ms. Licamara has been involved with numerous commercial litigation matters involving business valuation issues, damage analysis and lost profit analysis.
Ms. Licamara graduated from Nova Southeastern University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting and a Master's Degree in Business Administration. She is a CPA, ABV (Accredited in Business Valuations), CIRA (Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor) and CFF (Certified in Financial Forensics). Ms. Licamara was on the board of directors of the South Florida Affiliate of Susan G. Komen from 2008 through March of 2015 and has served as the Treasurer and Vice Treasurer during her tenure on the board.