Areas of Expertise
- Bankruptcy Proceedings
- Cash Flow Projections
- Due Diligence
- Financial Modeling
- Litigation Support
- Solvency Opinions
- Turnaround / Restructurings
- Real Estate
- Financial Advisor the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors, AstroTurf, LLC
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation Consultants for Government-Sponsored Enterprise active in the multifamily secondary mortgage market
- Provided on site financial advisory support as part of a team retained as the CRO of a Dutch manufacturing company on behalf of a U.S. based private equity group.
- Provided support as part of the team hired by a brand management group to provide buy-side due diligence, transition, and integration support for the acquisition of an international apparel company.
- Provided financial advisory support as part of a team retained as CRO for a distressed automotive retailer and upfitter. Delivered weekly cash flow projections and assisted in the successful refinance of the company.
- BA University of Texas
- MBA Candidate Georgia Institute of Technology
- 6 Years with Firm
- 7 Years of Relevant Experience
Steven Prager joined GlassRatner (now doing business as B. Riley Advisory Services) in April of 2015 as an Associate in the Atlanta office. Steven completed the firm's internship program in the summer of 2014 where his background in economics and finance enabled him to enjoy a successful internship while working on valuation, due diligence and litigation support matters.
Since joining, Steven has worked on multiple engagements including:
- Provided financial advisory support as part of the team that was hired by a brand management group to provide buy-side due diligence and transition and integration support for the acquisition of a well-known international apparel company. Duties specifically included reviewing historical financial documents and working with management to build a functioning monthly cash flow projection model to monitor the target company's liquidity position and expenses related to the transaction and business transition;
- Provided financial advisory support as part of a team that was hired by a $2 billion dollar Bank to re-engineer their Commercial Lending Platform. Duties included redesigning the bank's commercial product distribution systems, complete process mapping of all primary lending and credit administration activities, a full revisions of the bank's commercial lending policies, procedures and processes and the implementation of a Management Information System to track and manage problem loans;
- Provided financial advisory support as part of a team that was retained as the CRO of a manufacturing company on behalf of a private equity group. Charged with helping stabilize and improve communication and transparency and supported newly installed CEO and interim-CFO with working capital management and cash flow forecasting;
- Provided litigation support and financial analysis with regards to certain leases in an acquisition of 100+ grocery stores;
- Performed financial modeling and due diligence regarding the reasonableness of financing assumptions for 20+ developments including multi-family condominium, single-family residential and motor coach lot product types;
- Provided risk assessment and mitigation consulting services in a management consulting and process review engagement for a government-sponsored enterprise active in the multifamily secondary mortgage market;
- Assisted in various aspects involving the valuation, considerations and negotiations of a possible purchase of a subordinate note of a real estate portfolio. Analyzed historical and projected future cash flows, waterfall provisions and other cash flow considerations of the issuer;
- Provided relevant financial advisory services as part of the team that is financial advisor to Premier Exhibitions, Inc. a debtor that filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in 2016;
- Performed due diligence consulting services including quality of earnings analysis and assessment of accounting controls/systems of a telecommunications company for the specialty lending group of a fortune 100 company;
- Provided financial advisory services to a distressed marketing & advertising agency in Atlanta, Georgia; monitored cash flow projections in addition to preparing a proposed repayment schedule for the client;
- Provided financial advisory support as part of a team that was retained as the CRO of an automotive dealer. Performed variance financial analyses including the construction of a 13-week cash flow budget and provided weekly variance analysis to the lender. The lender's position was successfully refinanced at 100% recovery; and
- Performed litigation and forensic accounting support on several ongoing litigation matters in a variety of industries.
Steven graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a degree in Economics and a minor in Finance.