Areas of Expertise
- Cash Flow Projections
- Crisis Management
- Interim Management
- Turnarounds / Restructurings
- Financial Institution
- Court Appointed Receiver for Midwest foundry
- Advisor to Debtor company; stabilized operations and sold company to strategic buyer
- MBA University of Michigan
- BSME Michigan State University
- 1 Year with Firm
- 28 Years of Relevant Experience
Payman Mahjoory is an experienced executive in leading companies through change and challenge in diverse industries. By leveraging his operational and financial expertise while working with debtors, creditors or business owners, he has a successful track record of improving the fiscal and operational health of companies. Mr. Mahjoory has advised clients on financial improvement through extensive financial analysis, forecasting, strategic planning, valuation, acquisitions and divestitures. He is an approachable leader who works to reach the best resolution for all parties involved.
Mr. Mahjoory comes to GlassRatner (now doing business as B. Riley Advisory Services) after working with Alderney Advisors as a Senior Director. Alderney joined GlassRatner in Summer 2020.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Mahjoory was President of Whitlam Group, a privately-held manufacturing company with 125 employees in Center Line, MI. During his time at Whitlam Group, Mr. Mahjoory reorganized the management team and enhanced the organizational performance. He expanded Whitlam's service offerings to offset lost business. He developed KPIs to keep a pulse of the organization and quickly identify and solve issues.
Before Whitlam Group, Mr. Mahjoory was at Deloitte in their restructuring practice and worked on several large bankruptcies. From 2007 to 2011, Mr. Mahjoory was a Director at BBK, Ltd., an international business advisory firm where his services ranged from executing key aspects of day-to-day operations at Tier1 and Tier2 distressed suppliers to advising Debtors and Creditors to work towards a solution for a range of distressed situations. Among his more notable assignments are:
- Served as Court Appointed Receiver for Midwest foundry resulting in successful wind down of operations and sale of assets.
- Served as advisor to Debtor company, a minority owned automotive supplier with significant liquidity issues. Worked with customer group and lender to ensure continued operations while working with strategic buyer to purchase company. The sale enabled employees to retain jobs, secured creditors to be paid in full, the supply base to continue to supply products and have their receivables assumed and put the sellers in a better economic condition compared to a liquidation.
- Served as advisor to a private hospital seeking to separate from consortium. Developed termination value using multiple valuations methods (Enterprise Value, public company transactions, discounted cash cash) and refuted termination value as proposed by advisors to consortium. Client settled with consortium for significantly higher value than proposed and was able to successfully separate and join new healthcare organization.
- Served as advisor to a global outdoor power equipment manufacturer to assess financial and operational cost/benefits of US plant closure and launch of new manufacturing facility in Mexico. Identified key cost drivers and provided recommendation to client.