Areas of Expertise
- Damages & Lost Profit Analysis
- Due Diligence
- Expert Witness
- Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Investigation
- Internal Investigations
- Litigation Support
- Ponzi Schemes
- White Collar Crime
- Financial Institutions
- Hotels and Resorts
- MPEG LA vs. Dell Global B.V.
- BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Damages/Expert Witness for the DOJ in bank fraud case.
- Led Forensic Accounting of a US subsidiary in China.
- 10 Years with Firm
- 35 Years of Relevant Experience
Paul Dopp is a CPA with over 35 years' experience in forensic and investigative accounting including internal corporate investigations, damage calculations, business valuations and due diligence services. While Paul's practice is diverse, a significant portion of his engagement experience has been in the financial institution industry and investment-related investigations. Mr. Dopp has international engagement experience including matters in Canada, the Caribbean and Asia. He has testified as an expert witness on dozens of occasions in state and federal courts including testifying as an expert for the Department of Justice in federal criminal court in connection with a bank fraud.
Paul's clients include law firms, financial institutions, corporations, individuals and government agencies.
Prior to joining B. Riley Advisory Services (formerly GlassRatner), Paul held senior leadership positions with Kroll, Inc., a worldwide risk mitigation firm and with public accounting firms including KPMG and Habif, Arogeti & Wynne. An experienced public speaker, Paul has authored many articles on fraud-related topics and developed and presented seminars and courses on forensic accounting and litigation support issues.
Representative assignments on which Mr. Dopp has worked include:
- Investigating liability and damages-related issues in complex transactional and financial disputes
- Lost Profits/Economic Damage Assessments on behalf of Plaintiffs and Defendants
- Money Laundering & Funds Tracing
- Intellectual Property Damages
- Fraud Investigations
- Due Diligence Investigations
- Internal Corporate Investigations in connection with allegations of management fraud and financial statement fraud.
- Business Valuations
- Failed Acquisitions
Paul is a Certified Public Accountant licensed in Georgia, an ABV and CFF (Accredited in Business Valuations and Certified in Financial Forensics, respectively, both granted by the AICPA), a CVA (Certified Valuation Analyst designated by NACVA) and a CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner). Mr. Dopp attended Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec from 1974 to 1979.