200 East Broward Blvd. Suite 1010
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301
Areas of Expertise
- Asset Management
- Data Analytics Testing
- Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Investigation
- Internal Investigations
- Credit Card
- MBA Florida Atlantic University
- BS The College of New Jersey
- 3 Years with Firm
- 3 Years of Relevant Experience
Michael Proctor joined GlassRatner (now doing business as B. Riley Advisory Services) in September 2019 as an Associate in the Fort Lauderdale office. Michael previously worked as a Staff Accountant at the corporate office for a regional restaurant chain where he implemented an internal fraud investigation program. He brings a depth of knowledge and focused energy to the team.
Michael's experience includes:
- Interim Director of Finance for a hotel where he implemented new standard operating procedures related to accounting controls and processes for improved operations and upgraded internal information systems to improve data integrity and record keeping.
- A damages analysis of a business that suffered due to former directors and officers. Michael analyzed the wind down of operations and sales of assets up to the bankruptcy filing date.
- Various support roles including monthly operating reports and forensic accounting.
Michael holds a Masters in Accounting with a focus in Digital Accounting Forensics & Data Analytics from Florida Atlantic University and earned his BS in Finance at The College of New Jersey.