Areas of Expertise
- Due Diligence
- Solvency Opinions
- Fraud Investigation
- Litigation Support
- Quality of Earnings
- Expert Witness
- Forensic Accounting
- Damages & Lost Profit Analysis
- In re: Harper Brush Works Inc., Case No.: 12-01757-als11, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Iowa;
- Stewart Matthew v. Chrisophe Laudamiel, et al. Case No.: 5597-VCN, Court of Chancery for the State of Delaware;
- Accountable Health Solutions, LLC, et al. v Wellness Corporate Solutions, LLC, Case No.: 2:16-2494-DDC-TJJ, United States District Court for the District of Kansas; and
- Urbandale Best, LLC, et al., v. R&R Real Estate Investors, LLC, et al.
Case No.: 4:17-cv-00264-JAJ-SBJ. United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- BBA Pittsburg State University
- MBA Pittsburg State University
- 3 Years with Firm
- 18 Years of Relevant Experience
G. Matt Barberich, Jr., CPA/ABV/CFF/CGMA, CIA, CFE, ASA, MBA is an accounting and financial professional with over 18 years of experience. Prior to joining GlassRatner (now doing business as B. Riley Advisory Services), Mr. Barberich provided litigation support, business valuation, and forensic accounting services for MarksNelson, LLC in Kansas City, Missouri from 2004 through 2018. He was an associate of Taylor, Perky & Parker, LLC during 2003.
Mr. Barberich has led numerous litigation support and forensic accounting engagements involving the quantification of losses from alleged embezzlements and other asset misappropriations; accounting irregularities; calculation of lost profits and other economic damages; critiques and rebuttals of lost profits and other economic damages; shareholder and business disputes; statutory and/or regulatory compliance; and whistleblower investigations.
Additionally, Mr. Barberich has also performed hundreds of valuations of closely-held companies for estate and gift tax purposes; income tax compliance; estate planning; appraisal review; shareholder agreements; marital dissolutions; shareholder disputes; and dissenting shareholder and minority oppression lawsuits.
Mr. Barberich has worked with companies in a broad range of industries, including:
- Financial services
- Real estate
- Legal services
Mr. Barberich holds a BBA in Accounting and a MBA with a Concentration in Accounting from Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, Kansas. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants, the Institute of Internal Auditors, the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, and the American Society of Appraisers. In February 2020, Mr. Barberich was appointed to serve as a Subchapter V Trustee for the Western District of Missouri, on a case-by-case basis, under the Small Business Reorganization Act of 2019.
Mr. Barberich holds the following professional certifications/designations:
- Certified Public Accountant (Licensed in Kansas and Missouri)
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (Business Valuation)
Mr. Barberich is a frequent speaker and presenter of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) seminars to U.S. law firms on topics of valuations of closely-held companies, economic damages, fraud examination and investigation, and financial statement analysis.