Areas of Expertise
- Cash Flow Projections
- Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Investigation
- Funds Tracing
- Litigation Support
- Ponzi Schemes
- Financial Institution
- BBA Georgia State University
- BA University of Georgia
- 9 Years with Firm
- 9 Years of Relevant Experience
Laura Clemente joined GlassRatner (now doing business as B. Riley Advisory Services) in 2012, bringing over 12 years of experience in the retail banking industry. Since joining the firm she has been involved in forensic accounting, due diligence, litigation, bankruptcy, and receivership engagements.
As part of the firm, Ms. Clemente:
- Gathered and prepared data for a performance review of State of Georgia's portfolio of low income housing tax credit eligible multifamily assets, preparing property-level reports for over 55 assets on operations, financial performance, and compliance with loan covenants;
- Analyzed cash flows, traced and recovered funds for the Receiver of two fraudulent debt collection schemes and an alleged Ponzi scheme;
- Analyzed cash flows and traced cash in several litigation support investigations;
- Analyzed the books and records of an oil distributor to identify, quantify and resolve accounting issues, allowing the company's external auditors to complete their audit and avoid breaching bank covenants;
- Analyzes cash flows, prepares budgets, projections and monthly reports, and maintains the books and records for several bankruptcies and two condominium associations; and
- Currently provides accounting and reporting services to an owner entity composed of a special opportunity fund and several banks in connection with a luxury resort hotel in coastal.
Laura is a CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) and earned a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from Georgia State University and a Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of Georgia.