Areas of Expertise
- Cash Flow Projections
- Damages & Lost Profit Analysis
- Due Diligence
- Expert Witness
- Fairness Options
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation Support
- Purchase Price Allocation
- Quality of Earnings
- Solvency Options
- Hotel & Resorts
- Logistics / Wholesale
- Real Estate
- Solvency opinion - NTELOS spin-off ~$500 million Lumos
- Dissident shareholder right case representing The H.T. Hackney Co.
- Hans v. Tharaldson ESOP litigation case
- Economic damage - Reynold American merger with British American Tobacco
- Purchase price allocation - ~$13 billion Coca-Cola European Partners transaction
- M&A transaction advisory services - Yonker Environmental Protection Co., Ltd.
acquisition of McMillan-McGee Corp.
- Undergraduate degree Renmin University of China
- MBA Georgia Institute of Technology.
- 3 Years with Firm
- 15 Years of Relevant Experience
Jin Wang joined GlassRatner (now doing business as B. Riley Advisory Services) in 2018 and is a veteran financial consultant with significant experience in business valuation, M&A transaction advisory services and litigation support. She has served hundreds of clients, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to privately held businesses in diversified industries. She has testified as an expert witness on valuation issues in U.S. Court related to cross border transactions involved with Chinese companies.
She provides financial valuation consulting, economic analysis and financial advisory services for corporate planning, M&A, financial reporting, tax, and dispute resolution purposes.
Jin has performed the following types of analyses: business and stock valuations, merger and acquisition valuations, restructuring / reorganization analyses, intellectual property valuations, purchase price allocation analyses, goodwill impairment, long-lived asset and long-lived intangible asset impairment, stock compensation valuation, tax valuations, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) formation and adequate consideration analyses, ESOP litigation, compensation reasonableness analyses, fairness opinion, solvency opinion, lost profit / economic damage / lost business value estimates, healthcare valuation (Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute), and appraisal review.
Representative assignments on which Jin has worked include:
- Conducted company valuation and consulting services related to critical corporate transactions, such as initial public offering, M&A, spin-off, bankruptcy, ESOP formation, issuance of stock compensation plans, going private and S corporate conversion etc., including fairness opinion and solvency opinion.
- Performed lost profit, economic damage, and lost business value analyses on behalf of Plaintiffs and Defendants, including many Fortune 500 companies and large privately held industry leaders.
- Performed intellectual property and intangible asset valuation for transaction, litigation, financial reporting and tax purposes.
- Performed valuations of closely held corporations, general and limited partnership interests, fractional business interests, various classes of common/preferred stock, warrants, stock options and rights, including analysis of discount for lack of marketability and discount for lack of control, estimating blockage discounts in valuing public company restricted stocks or pre-IPO stocks, and application of Black-Scholes Model and Monte Carlo simulation.
- Coordinated and assisted Chinese companies in cross-border M&A transactions with due diligence, valuation, synergy calculation, global tax planning and transfer pricing issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Jin was a Finance Director at Bennett Thrasher ("BT"), a premier CPA firm in Atlanta. She led BT China Practice to assist Chinese companies in their inbound investment needs. Her unique bicultural and bilingual background helps U.S. companies navigate the political, legal, economic and relationship web in China, and Chinese companies in their expansion into the U.S.
Jin started her career with Deloitte. She also worked in Cox Communications, Inc., Willamette Management Associates, and American Appraisal Associations (acquired by Duff & Phelps). Her unique background has provided her a broad exposure to many complex corporate issues.
Jin received her undergraduate degree from Renmin University of China and a Master of Business Administration degree from Georgia Institute of Technology.