Areas of Expertise
- Business Continuity
- Continuity of Operations / Government
- Emergency & Crisis Management
- FEMA ICS Curricula Trainer
- Hazard Risk Assessments
- Pandemic Preparedness Planning
- Tabletop Exercises
- Provided COOP support and training to 34 Nevada organizations including government & higher education
- Provided COOP support and training to New York’s largest nonprofit organization
- Developed multi-scenario tabletop exercise for a manufacturer of computer
- BBA Richland College
- 3 Years of Relevant Experience
Jennifer Posten is an Associate Director with more than a decade of experience
in business continuity and emergency management. Jennifer's focus is in emergency response planning, continuity of operations planning, continuity of government, business continuity management, and crisis management. Jennifer has experience as an emergency-management software-solutions manager. She worked with Fortune 500 companies to automate and streamline their emergency management process, documentation, and reporting.
Ms. Posten has previously done work in the nonprofit and government sectors, working on disaster preparedness, response, and coordination at the city, state and national level. In 2008, she was invited to the White House to present on the role of faith-based and community organizations in building resilient communities, highlighting her experience in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
Jennifer's professional experience includes:
- Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston: As the director of disaster services, she served as the emergency manager and business continuity planner as well as the non-government organization liaison to the Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management. Jennifer helped organize, recruit, and train more than 42,000 volunteers in five days to provide food services and other care to storm survivors.
- Membership Director for the National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (NVOAD): Deployed to nationally known events including Hurricane Sandy and the Moore, Oklahoma tornado to work with officials from FEMA and state emergency management agencies as well as representatives of member organizations actively serving those in need. As director of member services, Ms. Posten built and sustained strategic relationships with 115 national, non-profit organizations across the US and expanded the scope of the association's operations in support of members' missions during federally declared disasters.
- Offshore Emergency Management Coordination, Noble Energy: Supported operations in the Gulf of Mexico, West Africa, and the Falkland Islands by developing emergency preparedness and response plans that complied with regulatory requirements, operation objectives, and location priorities. Including developing and delivering quarterly exercise and training. Jennifer was also actively involved in the planning and response for the 2014 Ebola outbreak.
- Post-Hurricane Repair Coordination, Greater Houston Long-term Recovery Committee: Appointed as Chair to lead nonprofit organizations and agencies supporting Harris Country residents whose homes were damaged by Hurricane Ike in 2008. Jennifer managed the distribution of $25 million in federal and charitable funds.
Ms. Posten received her Bachelors in Business Administration from Richland College and is a Certified Business Continuity Professional.