Areas of Expertise
- Crisis Management
- Forensic Investigations
- Fraud Investigation
- Healthcare Fraud
- Internal Investigations
- Litigation Support
- White Collar Crime
- BS University of Dayton
- 3 Years with Firm
- 23 Years of Relevant Experience
Jack Jupin joined GlassRatner (now doing business as B. Riley Advisory Services) in 2018 after serving for more than 23 years in the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) with significant experience in white collar crime, fraud and internal investigations, as well as international terrorism and intelligence operations. Jack served as Supervisory Special Agent of both the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force and the FBI Newark SWAT Team.
In 2010, Jack received the U.S. Attorney General's Director Award for superior performance by a litigative team. He also previously received the CIA award for outstanding performance in joint activities against the counterterrorism target in 2004. Jack has significant international investigative experience and has served in the role of acting Assistant Legat Attache' in Amman, Jordan.
Jack's representative experience includes:
- Led a team of 15 investigators and agents to uncover a terrorist cell which was operating globally as well as in the U.S. This cell was involved in the sale and purchase of surface to air missiles as well as funneling funds to the terrorist organization overseas. This investigation involved significant resources into the financial aspect of how the organization would "hide" and "move" their money internationally. The investigation expanded to over 10 countries and eventually resulted in 16 indictments in the U.S and the extradition of several subjects.
- Was the lead Agent in charge of an investigation of a NJ based doctor involved in over several millions dollars in insurance fraud, which involved Medicare and private insurance carriers. This investigation entailed several hundred individuals being interviewed and the review of financials of the subject for a 5-year period. Although significant efforts were made by the subject to hide the proceeds of the fraud, all assets and currency were identified and the subject accepted a plea agreement which entailed a lengthy federal prison sentence.
- Was the lead FBI Agent providing testimony in state court involving the murder of a man's wife in which the husband was the prime subject. As a member of the FBI forensic team brought in to assist in the processing of the crime scene, and the individual who discovered useful DNA evidence linking the defendant to the crime scene, I testified in state court to the discovery and testing of this evidence. As DNA testing was a relatively new technique at that time, it was strongly defended by the defense team. The subject was found guilty of the murder of his wife and sentenced to life imprisonment.
- Lead Agent on an inter-state weapons trafficking investigation which involved the sale and purchase of automatic weapons being purchased in South Carolina which were then transported to northern New Jersey for the purpose of selling the weapons to street gangs. This investigation resulted in over 20 weapons being seized by authorities and thousands of dollars in cash. Two subjects were charged with federal gun violations and both plead guilty to the charges and received significant federal sentences.
Jack graduated the University of Dayton in 1990 with Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice.