Areas of Expertise
- Borrower & Lender Advisory
- Cash Flow Projections
- Construction Litigation
- Due Diligence
- Expert Witness
- Feasibility Studies
- Litigation Support
- Market Analysis
- Purchase Price Allocation
- Real Estate Brokerage
- Real Estate Appraisal
- Real Estate
- Damages/Expert Witness to Valuation - Dolly Ridge Point Owners Association, Inc., et al v. Turner & Schoel, LLC, et al.
- Valuation/Expert Witness - Joon, LLC. D/B/A Ajin USA v. Albert Kahn Associates, Inc./International Industrial Contracting Corp./Qualico Steel Company, Inc.
- OSI, Inc. v United States, et al. Case No. 98-00920-CV-2-MEF-WC.
- Stallings & Sons, Inc. v Tulane Revitalization 1, LP, et al. Case No. 2:19-CV-392-WKW.
- Charlotte Student Housing, DST, et al v Choate Construction Company. Mediation.
- Fredmark, LLC. V. Zax, LLC. Civil Action No. 1:20-cv-1848-TCB.
- Valuation/Expert Witness - State of Alabama v. Harry Joseph Painter et al.
- BS Auburn University
- 3 Years with Firm
- 30 Years of Relevant Experience
Mr. Eidson is a veteran of the valuation industry with more than 30 years of experience in the real property valuation, brokerage, and consulting industry. Mr. Eidson has particular appraisal experience with industrial real estate that includes heavy and light manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, and special purpose such as meat processing plants, timber processing, automotive and steel manufacturing. More general appraisal experience includes free standing and multi-tenant retail, extended-stay hotels, limited service and full service hotels, office buildings, industrial properties, special purpose properties, multi-family and self-storage facilities, residential subdivisions, conservation easements, mitigation banks, recreational and timber land, right-of-way for public and private utilities and state and local transportation clients.
Greg's valuation opinions have been used in the context of mortgage lending, right-of-way acquisition, bankruptcy court, buy/sell decisions, purchase price allocation, loan monitoring, forced disposition, portfolio performance monitoring and litigation support.
Prior to merging his firm into GlassRatner in late 2018, Greg ran The Eidson Company and focused his practice on conservation easements, mitigation banks, mortgage loans, right of way, and litigation support. During the 18 years that Greg ran his own firm some of his assignments included;
- Residual insurance valuation for a British insurance company who insured the difference between market and contract rents on properties such as Walgreens and CVS Pharmacy occupied properties.
- Right of way valuation for the Alabama Department of Transportation, Georgia Department of Transportation, municipal utilities, the National Park Service, and the Sabal Trail Pipeline.
- Litigation support weighted toward deposition and testimony with the Department of Transportation and also includes support for lawsuits that involved property damaged by flooding (land, residential and multifamily projects), contamination (medical waste, dry cleaning solvents), and construction defects (residential construction, office building damage, hotel water leaks, multi-family construction, industrial manufacturing construction). Greg has testified to property taxation issues and conservation easements in Federal Tax Court.
- Preparation of appraisals for bankruptcy and foreclosure proceedings, and, Preparation of appraisals for Mortgage loans encompasses subdivision developments, hotels, mixed use developments, retail, industrial, office, special purpose, and timber land.
In the late 1990s prior to the formation of his own firm, Greg worked for The Highland Group Hotel Investment Advisors. This boutique style consulting firm is a specialist in the market analysis of hospitality properties. Greg prepared valuation reports for full-service, limited-service and extended-stay properties. These reports were used for the purpose of development decisions, purchase decisions, feasibility and financing. Geographically, these hotel projects were typically located in the Midwest, East Coast and the Southern states. My tenure with The Highland Group was an excellent education in the analysis of hotel feasibility. The most valuable takeaway from this experience was gaining a greater depth of understanding in the development of demand studies.
In the late 1980s to the 1990s, Greg worked in the Real Estate Advisory Group of American Appraisal Associates. Greg started with American Appraisal Associates as a junior level appraiser and was the Manager of the Atlanta office of the Real Estate Advisory Group when in departed the company in the mid-1990s. During his tenure with the company Greg prepared and managed appraisal assignments for pension funds, insurance companies, portfolio managers, lenders, attorneys and Fortune 500 companies. These valuation assignments were used for purchase price allocation, investment portfolio analysis, mortgage loans, property tax appeals, and cost segregation studies. Greg was recognized by the company for his ability to address client needs in a timely and professional manner. The experience with American Appraisal was invaluable to my education in managing people and projects and learning to balance the expectations of our clients with the human and technological resources. Geographically, Greg travelled throughout the United States and Caribbean and personally handled residential subdivision developments in Southern California; mixed-use high rise buildings in downtown San Francisco; high rise office buildings in Dallas, Denver, Chicago, and Boston; regional malls in Texas; movie theaters in New York; shipping facilities in Houston; industrial manufacturing and distribution buildings in states from California to Connecticut to Georgia; multi-family apartment developments in North Carolina to Florida and hotels in California and the Caribbean.
Greg has completed two of the Appraisal Institute's Professional Development Programs and appears in the Institute's Registry for:
- Litigation Appraising: Specialized Topics and Applications
- Valuation of Conservation Easements
Greg maintains a General Certified Real Property Appraisal License in Alabama, Georgia and Florida. He can obtain temporary licensing permits in other states on a case by case basis. Greg is also a Realtor with a broker's license in Alabama and a salesperson's license in Georgia.
Greg's formal education consists of a Bachelor of Science in Finance from Auburn University, the MAI Designation from the Appraisal Institute and the CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) Designation from the CCIM Institute. The MAI Designation is an appraisal designation presented to those that complete the required experience, extensive coursework in specific valuation related material and pass a comprehensive exam. The CCIM Designation is awarded to those who through coursework, experience and a comprehensive exam are recognized expert in the commercial and investment real estate industry. The designation process ensures that CCIMs are proficient not only in theory, but also in practice.