Areas of Expertise
- Bankruptcy Proceedings
- Borrower & Lender Advisory
- Capital Markets
- Cash Flow Projections
- Crisis Management
- Due Diligence
- Interim Management
- Liquidating Agent
- Litigation Support
- Section 363 Sale
- Supply Risk Management
- Financial Institution
- MBA University of Wisconsin, Madison
- BS Pennsylvania State University, University Park
- 7 Years with Firm
- 20 Years of Relevant Experience
Gregory G. Coppola is a highly accomplished senior executive with extensive experience enhancing organizational performance, reducing costs/risks, improving cash flow management, and executing strategic solutions for small, mid-cap and large Fortune 500 companies. An innovative problem solver and effective negotiator, he possesses an extensive background in restructuring/turnaround, crisis management, interim management, corporate liquidation/dissolution and distressed investment/asset management.
Over the past twenty years, Greg has assisted Creditors, Debtors and other Constituents navigate through difficult distressed situations to achieve optimal outcomes. Recent notable engagements include:
- Financial Advisor to a distressed multi-national automotive stamper; supported the sale of five U.S. and Mexican plants, and liquidation of two plants in the Midwest while assisting in the negotiation of accommodation agreements with multiple OEM and Tier 1 customers and forbearance agreements with bank group.
- Dissolution Agent and Liquidating Trustee of multi-national diversified manufacture; responsible for liquidation of residual assets, management of residual assets and dissolution of multiple corporate entities.
- Certified Restructuring Officer of a private equity owned manufacturer; wound down operations, and liquidated operating assets and real estate.
- Court-Appointed Receiver of a mobile phone recycling company; operated company while leading a sale process culminating in the sale of substantially all the assets to a strategic buyer resulting in full satisfaction of secured debt.
Prior to joining GlassRatner (now doing business as B. Riley Advisory Services), Greg and Alicia Masse founded Alderney Advisors in 2013 to provide uniquely valuable expertise in the areas of management consulting, supply risk management, interim management and related areas.
In 2012, Greg was named Trust Administrator for the post-bankruptcy Energy Conversion Devices Liquidation Trust managing the administration, claim adjudication, asset collection/liquidation, cash management and distributions to claimants after having served as Senior Vice President of Finance and Treasury of the predecessor public $300 million alternative energy company. Efforts resulted in a 57% recovery for unsecured creditors.
Prior to Energy Conversion Devices, Inc., Greg led engagements and advised clients on financial restructuring as Managing Director of BBK, Ltd., an international business advisory firm where he served as an Interim CFO/CRO for a distressed Tier 1 automotive plastics supplier, created the processes/procedures for a multi-billion dollar conglomerate's $1.5B divestiture program, and assisted a multi-billion dollar private label aftermarket marketer in rationalizing/optimizing its national distribution network.
Greg is a member of the Association of Corporate Growth, America Bankruptcy Institute and Turnaround Management Association. He attained the designations of Certified Treasury Professional and Certified Turnaround Professional. Greg earned his MBA in Finance from the University of Wisconsin, Madison with honors, and Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Pennsylvania State University.