Areas of Expertise
- Bankruptcy Proceedings
- Cash Flow Projections
- Crisis Management
- Financial Advisor
- Interim Management
- Principal Investments / Financings
- Section 363 Sale
- Turnarounds / Restructurings
- Logistics / Wholesale
- Financial Advisor to Navajo Agricultural Products Industry, a wholly owned enterprise of the Navajo Nation.
- Debtor financial advisor in bankruptcy for multi-state, vertically operated dairy and calving operation.
- Interim CFO for $180MM fresh-cut vegetable company.
- CRO in drilling company in Chapter 11.
- Numerous sell-side advisory engagements to public and foreign strategic buyers.
- Interim CEO in manufacturing organization wherein turnaround was accomplished successfully.
- Financial Advisor to the Unsecured Creditors Committee of GenCanna Global US, Inc.
- Financial Advisor to the Chapter 7 Trustee in the $2bn DC Solar Ponzi scheme case pursuing fraudulent transfers, commercial torts and claims investigations and litigation support.
- BA California State University
- 9 Years with Firm
- 40 Years of Relevant Experience
George Demos is a CPA (inactive) with over 30 years of combined public accounting and private industry experience providing strategic solutions in critical operational and financial issues across various industries. His roles have included court-appointed Financial Advisor, Chief Restructuring Officer (CRO), and interim CEO and CFO. As a CFO, George has broad experience across many industries including distribution, medical practice management, insurance, agriculture and food processing in companies ranging in size from start-ups to $800 million companies.
Prior to joining GlassRatner (now doing business as B. Riley Advisory Services) in 2012, George was the President and CEO of an advisory firm that provided mergers & acquisitions, interim CFO, restructuring and crisis management services. He has advised on various acquisitions and divestitures, and has run both in-court and out-of-court restructurings.
George's clients include creditors, investors, debtors, lenders, banks and their attorneys and professionals. Industry experience includes: startups, agriculture, food processing, cannabis/hemp, oil & gas service providers, manufacturers, medical, distribution, alternative energy, munitions, real estate, specialty contractors, private security, ESOP's, dairy and poultry.
George is a hands-on financial executive with excellent technical, communication and leadership skills. He holds a bachelor's degree from California State University at Fullerton with a concentration in accounting. He is a Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP), a prestigious designation from the Turnaround Management Association (TMA) and holds a California real estate license. George is also a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the California Society of CPA's (CSCPA), and TMA. He sits on the Board of Directors for various private and non-profit companies.