Areas of Expertise
- Bankruptcy Proceedings
- Financial Advisor
- Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Investigation
- Interim Management
- Litigation Support
- Ponzi Schemes
- Section 363 Sale
- Healthcare / Pharmaceuticals
- Real Estate
- MAcc and Masters of Taxation Nova Southeastern University
- BS University of Maryland
- 5 Years with Firm
- 15 Years of Relevant Experience
David Greenblatt, CPA, CIRA, is a Director with over fifteen years of experience in bankruptcy & restructuring services, forensic accounting, and litigation support services. His industry experience includes hospitality, retail, manufacturing, real estate, and nursing homes.
Prior to re-joining GlassRatner (now doing business as B. Riley Advisory Services), Mr. Greenblatt worked in the New York restructuring offices for two national consulting firms where he represented debtors, creditor committees and trustees in bankruptcy proceedings by providing expertise in financial models and projections, financial statement review and analysis, oversight in daily operations, preference and fraudulent transfer litigation, and the creation of business plans for reorganizations. In addition, Mr. Greenblatt has also worked on various forensic accounting matters including the complex tracing of funds and assets and reconstruction of financial statements.
Mr. Greenblatt's representative engagements include:
- Representing debtors, creditor committees, and trustees in managing and assisting with both Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases from inception to case closing as well as investigating preference payments, fraudulent transfers and financial statements
- Overseeing the operation of entities, preservation of assets, preparing budgets, projections, schedules and business plans for Chapter 11 reorganizations
- Working on buy and sell-side due diligence/quality of earnings engagements
- Working on operational restructurings of distressed entities
Mr. Greenblatt is a Certified Public Accountant in the State of Florida and a Certified Insolvency Restructuring Advisor (CIRA). He received both Master in Accounting and Master in Taxation degrees from Nova Southeastern University, and he has a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice and Criminology from the University of Maryland. Mr. Greenblatt is a member of the AIRA.