Areas of Expertise
- Damages & Expert Witness Services
- Fairness Opinions
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation Support
- Lost Profit Analysis
- Purchase Price Allocation
- Solvency Opinions
- Medical Devices
- Damages/expert witness in GSP Finance LLC v. KPMG.
- Damages/expert witness in re Inergy Unitholder Litigation.
- Valuation expert before Kenneth Feinberg of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund.
- BS - State University of New York
- MBA New York University
- 7 Years with Firm
- 30 Years of Relevant Experience
Craig Jacobson has 30 years of
experience in valuation, litigation support services, and transactions
consulting. Prior to joining GlassRatner (now doing business as B. Riley
Advisory Services) in 2014, Craig was a principal at a regional CPA firm providing
valuation and litigation support services. Prior to that, Craig held a senior
position with Willamette Management Associates. Craig began his career at a
boutique investment banking and consulting firm, where he provided valuations,
mergers and acquisitions, and litigation support services.
Craig's experience includes performing valuations for litigation, transaction and corporate planning purposes; fairness opinions, solvency opinions, mergers and acquisitions consulting; pre-Initial Public Offering services, including valuations and assistance in the preparation of SEC filings; calculating economic damages, including lost profits and lost enterprise value; dissenting shareholder litigation and transactions; intellectual property valuation and damages calculations, including irreparable harm calculations; change-in-control disputes; and failed mergers and acquisitions litigation.
Craig has worked in a large number of industries, including energy, healthcare, retail, pharmaceutical, medical devices, financial services, and professional and other services. Craig has worked on many international engagements, including companies in Japan, China, Russia, Denmark, Greece, Italy, the Caribbean, Cyprus, and Indonesia.
Craig's clients include law firms, corporations, partnerships and wealthy individuals. He has acted as an expert witness on several occasions.
Craig has authored many articles and given many presentations on a variety of topics, including commercial damages, intellectual property valuation and damages, fairness opinions, solvency opinions.
Representative assignments on which Craig has worked include:
- Providing valuation and consulting services related to large corporate transactions related to fairness opinion and solvency opinion issues
- Estimating Lost Profits, Economic Damages, and Lost Business Value on behalf of Plaintiffs and Defendants
- Estimating damages related to the infringement of Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks and Trade Names, and Trade Secrets
- Performing valuation and corporate finance advisory work for companies headed for initial public offerings or other exit transactions
- Valuation of intellectual property and intangible assets for financial reporting, tax, and transactional purposes
Craig holds a BS in Economics and Computer Science from the State University of New York at Albany and an MBA in Finance from New York University's Stern School of Business.