Areas of Expertise
- Due Diligence
- Litigation Support
- Expert Witness
- Fraud Investigation
- Forensic Accounting
- Damages & Lost Profit Analysis
- Internal Investigations
- White Collar Crime
- Financial Institution
- Hotel & Resorts
- Assisted the US Department of Justice in evaluating BP’s ability to pay a multi-billion dollar Clean Water Act penalty associated with the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Investigated, post-bankruptcy, the off-balance sheet transactions at Enron Corp. to determine the ability to enhance creditor recovery by pursuing actions against the lenders participating in the transactions.
- Assisted the Cayman Island based Liquidator with the day-to-day operation, management and liquidation of an $800+ million New York City based hedge fund.
- Calculation of damages due to shareholders and the corporate estate resulting from auditor negligence in the largest corporate fraud in Canada.
- BA Wake Forest University
- MBA New York University’s Stern School of Business
- 13 Years with Firm
- 26 Years of Relevant Experience
Clay Busker is a CPA with over 25 years of experience in Public Accounting, Forensic Accounting, Litigation Support, Insurance Loss Accounting, Due Diligence and Turnaround Management. Prior to joining GlassRatner (now doing business as B. Riley Advisory Services), Mr. Busker was a Senior Manager of a local CPA firm in their forensic accounting practice. In addition, he has previously worked for Kroll Inc., an international risk mitigation firm, and Arthur Andersen LLP.
Mr. Busker's experience includes assisting clients in researching, calculating and presenting damage claims in litigation and alternative forums for dispute resolution primarily relating to: lost profits, economic damages, breach of contract, and preference actions. In addition, his experience includes: performing internal corporate investigations related to fraud or white collar crime, performing due diligence activities related to debt and equity investments, calculating business interruption and extra expense claims for both the insured and the insurer, negotiating with creditors and vendors, performing turnaround/restructuring activities, and serving as a Court appointed Receiver or Chief Restructuring Officer (CRO) of troubled companies. He has been a named expert in both state and federal court related to financial damages.
He has assisted a variety of clients in a broad range of industries. Clients have included individuals, businesses of all sizes, governments, private equity and financial institutions, lawyers, insurance companies, and independent adjusters. His industry experience includes manufacturing, energy, service providers, hospitality, food processing, transportation, construction, telecommunications, government contracting, real estate development/management, healthcare, retailing, forestry and waste management.
Mr. Busker is a member of the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA) and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).