Areas of Expertise
- Cash Flow Projections
- Construction Litigation
- Damages & Lost Profit Analysis
- Data Analytics Testing
- Expert Witness
- Forensic Accounting
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation Strategy
- Litigation Support
- White Collar Crime
- Logistics / Wholesale
- Autocam Corporation v. Kendrion (Shelby), Inc. – Damages Expert for a Breach of a Supply Contract between two auto parts suppliers, which resulted in lost profits and incidental costs damages.
- Total Quality, Inc. v. Nathan Fewless, et. al. – Damages Expert to rebut Plaintiff’s lost profits calculation for a cold chain logistics company, which resulted in a favorable settlement.
- Modern Piping, Inc. v. The University of Iowa and Board of Regents, State of Iowa – Damages Expert on a large construction project related to compensation due to Modern Piping’s increased cost risk that resulted from the University of Iowa’s early occupancy of a newly constructed hospital.
- Northrop Grumman v. FM Global Insurance – Damages Expert for a Property Damage claim caused by Hurricane Katrina that was settled for approximately $500 million.
- B.S Indiana University
- 24 Years of Relevant Experience
Chad Salsbery is a Managing Director based out of Grand Rapids, Michigan, who is also part of our Detroit and Chicago offices. Prior to joining B. Riley Advisory Services (formerly GlassRatner) in 2021, he was a Managing Director in charge of Adamy Valuation's Dispute and Forensic Advisory practice. From 2010 to 2018, he was a Vice-President and co-founder of TM Financial Forensics' Chicago office. Mr. Salsbery has almost 25 years of experience in matters related to commercial damages, financial valuations, bankruptcy, insurance claims, government contracts, and construction claims. He has analyzed and addressed claims for lost profits, price erosion, business interruption, lost earnings, reasonable royalties, unjust enrichment, increased costs, and diminution of business value.
Mr. Salsbery's insurance, construction and government contracting claims experience includes the evaluation of cost overruns related to delay and disruption, changed scope of work, productivity impacts and differing site conditions. He has worked on some of the largest commercial insurance claims related to Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Ike. Chad has also worked on multiple construction and government contracting claims related to power plants (both coal and nuclear powered), large public works projects and manufacturing facilities.
Chad's bankruptcy and financial valuation experience includes solvency reviews, liquidity analyses, business capitalization analyses, equity financing, SEC investigations, and alter ego and piercing the corporate vail claims. He worked on the litigation related to the Kmart bankruptcy. Chad has also performed valuations of businesses and technology.
Mr. Salsbery is a Certified Valuation Analyst and a member of the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts. Chad Co-authored "When Environmental Disasters Strike: How to Plan for and React to Catastrophic Events in Order to Minimize Liabilities and Facilitate Insurance Recovery", published by the ABA's Section of Environment, Energy and Resources Committee.
Chad received his Bachelor's degree in Finance, Real Estate and Insurance from Indiana University.