Areas of Expertise
- Business Continuity
- Continuity of Operations/Government
- Emergency & Crisis Management
- IT Disaster Recovery
- Testing, Training and Exercising
- Critical Infrastructure & Public Utilities
- Developed business continuity plans for the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority
- Led IT disaster recovery assessment of Santa Clara Valley Water District
- Developed continuity of operations plans for numerous government entities across the State of Nevada
- Developed an Airport Emergency Plan development tool for the Airport Cooperative Research Panel (ACRP) in compliance with AC 150/5200-31C
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP)
- BA Economics Johns Hopkins University
- 5 Years of Relevant Experience
Austin comes to the firm with over 5 years of experience in business continuity, continuity of operations, and disaster recovery planning. He has worked with multiple private and public-sector clients, including Michael Kors, Vermeer Manufacturing, Conn's HomePlus, NFP Insurance, the State of Nevada, Port of Vancouver and the Santa Clara Valley Water District.
Austin's professional experience includes:
- Assisted with corporate clients such as Sephora, Conn's HomePlus, Vermeer Manufacturing, Casa Cuervo, and ACCO Brands. With these clients, he conducted several in-person business impact analysis meetings with follow up discussing recovery strategy in the event of facility loss or technology impact. This information was used to develop thorough, risk-agnostic business continuity plans (BCP). He developed, prepared, and conducted onsite tabletop exercises with these clients and prepared detailed after-action reports.
- Led IT disaster recovery projects for critical infrastructure organizations, including Valley Water, McCarran International Airport and the Massachusetts Department of Transportation. This work included enterprise-wide business impact analysis meetings to determine dependencies on IT assets, risk analysis, and infrastructure and disaster recovery preparedness assessments. Deliverables for this work included formal assessment reports and executive presentations to organization leadership.
- Assisted with projects for the Office of Emergency Management of the State of Nevada on a statewide initiative to overhaul the continuity of operations planning for all agencies and departments in its cities, counties, water districts, tribal areas, and institutions of higher education and state government. His specific clients included the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority, Nevada State College Las Vegas Valley Water District, City of North Las Vegas, and the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. He conducted business impact analysis meetings with several departments of various sizes for each organization and was involved with several training exercises across the state.
Austin is a Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) and received his BA from Johns Hopkins University.